The Department of Culture has the following main functions and objectives:
- Promoting and spreading our culture, traditions and festivities so that everyone can participate and enjoy the wealth offered by our municipality.
- Protecting historical, artistic and documentary heritage.
- Promoting activities of cultural interest throughout the year for the participation and union of different and varied social groups.
- Contributing to the support of associations or institutions that develop their activity and complement the cultural offer of the municipality.
- Listening to the proposals of the associations and collaborating with them in the promotion of activities that enrich the cultural and social life of the town.
- Developing a regular Cultural Agenda, as an information channel, for the dissemination of all activities proposed from the department.
- Encouraging coordination with public and private organizations with common interests through the signing of collaboration agreements.
- Making the Municipal Library known as a cultural vehicle. This service has the mission of offering free access to culture, education, leisure, thought and consultation, always open to all individuals.
Department of Culture
Tel. 966 493 369 ext. 161
Hours: Monday to Friday, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Address: C/ Alacant, 11 [Library]
Town councillor: Jorge Pascual