The Department of Citizen Security is based on the action of the Local Police Corps, whose main objective is to protect the rights and freedoms of citizens. Among all its functions include:
- Watching over the Citizen Security of the population, both of its residents and visitors, through the surveillance of the urban center, of the residential areas and of the whole municipal term.
- Protecting the authorities of the municipal corporation and monitoring and guarding their buildings and facilities.
- Ordering, signaling and directing traffic at the local level, in accordance with traffic regulations.
- Carrying out the functions of administrative police, regarding the ordinances, public announcements and other municipal dispositions. And participate in judicial police functions.
- Providing assistance to citizens in cases of accident, emergency, catastrophe, participating, in the manner provided in the Laws, in the execution of civil protection plans.
- Carrying out preventive measures to avoid committing criminal acts in the framework of collaboration established at security meetings.
- Monitoring public spaces and collaborating with state and regional security bodies for the protection and maintenance of order and security.
- Collaborating and assisting the local volunteer staff of Civil Protection.
- Cooperating in the resolution of private conflicts if required to do so.
A council of residents has been formed that represents the majority of the town. This organization is already the interlocutor of the residents with the city council and will hold regular meetings with the city council.
The members of the council are:
|Andy Dawson||Los Molinos y email@example.com|
|John A. Power||La Joya, Valle del Portet, Golden Valley y firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Susan Platt||Calistros, Mimosas y email@example.com|
|Hubert Uhl||Cumbre del Solfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Eric Ross||Les Fontsemail@example.com
|Anita Litz||Cumbre del Sol|