The Department of Sports is in charge of the promotion of sport in our municipality and the management of municipal sports facilities. Its objectives are:
- Promoting and organizing sports activities to contribute to the recreation and integral formation of the population based on a varied offer of programs and proposals, which respond to the needs and expectations of all stakeholders, thus raising their quality of life.
- Being a service in continuous process of improvement, recognized and of reference by the quality and variety of its offer and facilities.
- Developing an annual sports program (events, activities, courses, official championships, local leagues).
- Managing and organizing municipal sports facilities.
- Informing and guiding the creation of new sports organizations.
- Processing inscriptions to Sports Games of the Valencian Community.
- Organizing, supporting and informing on the sporting events of our municipality and also those organized in our region, especially those promoted by the Consorci Esportiu de la Marina Alta (Cema), of which the Town Council is a member.